Nazareth Hall, N3008
3003 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, MN 55113
The special education minor provides foundational preparation for working with special populations of students labeled within the categories of EBD (Emotional Behavioral Disorders) or SLD (Specific Learning Disabilities). The minor does not lead to full teacher licensure in these areas. Students completing the minor need to continue their studies on a graduate level in order to fully qualify for licensure as a special education teacher.
Some classes in this minor include:
- Educational Foundations
- Educating Diverse Learners in Grades K-12
- Introduction to Special Education
- Children and Families with Special Needs
- Special Education: Due Process, Trends and Problems
- Measurement and Assessment in Special Education
- Behavioral Analysis: Classroom Methods/Interventions for Students Labeled EBD and LD
My experience in the education department at Northwestern was life changing. I was taught by professors who truly cared about me and my classmates and wanted to impact us for Christ. Their examples showed me the impact that a teacher can have. It also taught me to strive for excellence and teach with a passion to love and serve my own students for Christ.
Meet your professors
Professors at Northwestern are focused on their students first. Our faculty include experts in their respective fields who want to help you grow in your faith while you earn your degree.
Meet the entire department