Adult Undergraduate Application
Find out how to apply to Northwestern's Adult Undergraduate programs. Scroll down to learn about admission criteria and transcript requirements.
Ready to apply to our Adult Undergraduate program?
Northwestern considers all of the following in the admission process for students applying to the Adult Undergraduate program:
- Evidence of a new birth in Jesus Christ
- Willingness to abide by the conduct expectations as outlined in the Declaration of Christian Community
- Likelihood of academic success at Northwestern
- 21 years or older with three years of post-high school work/life experience
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00; if below 2.00, an Academic Performance Essay will be required
- Submission of application and required essay(s)
- Submission of official high school or GED transcript, only if fewer than 60 college credits are being transferred
Transcript must verify diploma completion.
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions at which the applicant previously registered, whether or not transferable credits were earned
- Ability to demonstrate English language proficiency:
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with a minimum score of 530 on the paper-based test, or 197 on the computer-based TOEFL, or 72 on the web-based TOEFL. Applicants may also complete the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6. The TOEFL/IELTS requirement may be waived for students who are from a recognized English-speaking country, or for those who have successfully complete an English writing course with a grade of “C-” or better and have earned a minimum of 12 credits from an accredited U.S. college/university.
Your application will be considered complete when Northwestern has received the following:
- Application submitted (online application or PDF application)
- Application fee of $30 (check or money order payable to University of Northwestern)
We will waive your $30 application fee if you attend an Information Session or schedule a personal appointment or phone appointment with an admission counselor.
- Official high school transcript verifying diploma completion or an official GED certificate
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions at which you have previously registered whether or not transferable credits were earned
Completed application and items listed above should be mailed or faxed to:
University of Northwestern - St. Paul
Adult Undergraduate Admissions
3003 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, MN 5511301598
When will I be notified of my acceptance status?
Once your file is complete and has been reviewed by the admissions committee, you will be notified of your admission status within 1–2 weeks. Contact your admission counselor if you have any questions about the application process. Additional essays, references, or interviews may be requested.
Applying for financial aid?
Follow these steps to apply for financial aid.
Questions? We are here to help you!
Adult Undergraduate Admissions
Toll Free: 888-362-8715