Interested in taking college classes but still want to travel? We offer many study abroad programs to help students learn and grow. Students can explore the world while completing their degree, building valuable overseas experience, and making new friends in other countries.
Spend a semester studying in Spain, England, Australia, Israel, Uganda, or China. We’ve got numerous opportunities for you to study overseas or to study off-campus in the U.S.
Study Abroad & Off-Campus Opportunities
Northwestern has partnered with numerous program partners to offer study abroad options for any major.
As a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU), Northwestern has partnered with the following organizations to offer these unique programs:
- American Studies Program in Washington, D.C.
- Contemporary Music Center in Nashville, TN
- Los Angeles Film Studies Center in Los Angeles, CA
- Middle East Studies Program in Amman, Jordan
- Northern Ireland Semester in Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Scholars' Semester in Oxford in Oxford, England
- Uganda Studies Program in Mukono, Uganda
- API - Academic Programs International
- CEA - Cultural Education Abroad
- ISA - International Studies Abroad
- LCC - International University, Lithuania
- Veritas Christian Study Abroad
Required Major Programs
Here are just a few options in our degree programs:
- Practice speaking Spanish in Spain (Spanish Degree)
- Share the Good News in Costa Rica (Spanish Degree)
- Study film in Los Angeles, CA (Media Production Degree)
- Dive into recording arts in Nashville, TN (Media Production Degree)
- Study as a camp counselor in Westboro, WI (Ministry Degree)
Faculty Led Options
- Research marine biology at the University of Tokyo in Japan (Biology Degree)
- Take Fine Arts and Literature core curriculum courses in Italy (All Majors)
- Explore international business in China (International Business Degree)
- Experience biblical history in Jerusalem (Biblical & Theological Studies Degree)
For more information contact Kendra Sundeen at the Center for Global Programs.